Keep Your Business Up & Running With Efficient Plumbing
Commercial Plumbing Services
TRUST US TO KEEP THINGS FLOWING SMOOTHLY!
Call Us Today For A FREE Estimate.
From the local corner bakery to a nationwide chain of hotels, reliable commercial plumbing service is imperative to keeping employees and customers happy. Having a leaking faucet or a backed up sewer can be the difference between a day in the black, or dipping into the red. Having a commercial plumbing contractor on call keeps your operations flowing smoothly.
Whether you’re in real estate, food service, or the hospitality industry, commercial plumbing issues can be detrimental to your business.
Plumbing for New Construction and Remodeling
If a new commercial plumbing system is part of your next building remodel or new construction job, one of the first things you need to consider is the plumbing. This needs to be laid before the remodel or construction gets too far since all the pipes need to be installed before much of the rest is built.
The commercial plumbing in a restaurant setting is critical to cooking, cleaning, and maintaining a sanitary environment for food prep. Your employees can’t be effective with a broken faucet in the kitchen and you can’t expect your guests to keep their appetites if you have a sewer problem. If you’re building a new restaurant or remodeling a neighborhood favorite, you need a commercial plumbing contractor to help you be ready for the dinner rush.
Whether you’re building, remodeling, or managing residential units, commercial plumbing issues can ruin your day. If left unattended, a simple issue can turn into a much bigger issue. We are here to create efficient systems you can count on.
Hotels, Nursing Homes, Hospitals
If hospitality is your focus, you understand the need for clean and clear running water with reliable plumbing throughout your facility. Nursing homes, hotels, and hospitals put a lot of demand on their plumbing fixtures, and our commercial plumbing contractors are here to ensure everything runs smoothly so you can focus on taking care of your patients and guests.
Plumbing Contractor for Commercial Buildings
From sky-high offices to construction sites, plumbing issues can stop business in its tracks. These issues can pose both sanitary and health code violations to any workplace. Tom Sondergeld Plumbing services in Louisville, KY are there when you need us to be to respond quickly and get the job done right.
For new construction or remodeling jobs, the professional commercial plumbing contractors at Tom Sondergeld Plumbing will work along with the building contractors so the job is done correctly, in a timely fashion, and is on board with the completed vision. Our contractors are dedicated to helping you manage your business by taking a proactive approach and providing the services you need on time and within budget to support your business.
Backflow testing ensures that your drinking water is not being contaminated. There are several backflow prevention devices used in commercial settings. A reliable system is critical to provide protection from harmful contaminants back pressuring or back siphoning into the city’s water main and potentially poisoning or degrading the potable water supply for you or other consumers.
The type and inspection requirements of backflows vary based on your location. The Kentucky State Plumbing Code requires backflow preventers to be installed in all commercial buildings. Annual backflow testing for Louisville, Kentucky commercial facilities are completed by a certified backflow tester and the results are then reported to the municipal water company.
Backflows must be installed by a commercial plumbing contractor. Our contractors are licensed and certified to perform this work and also ensure your inspections and certifications stay up-to-date each year. Without a backflow device with proper certification and annual testing, you risk having the water to your facility completely shut off.
Commercial Plumbing Fixtures
The plumbing fixtures for any commercial property is essential to its daily operation and cleanliness. From hospitals, restaurants, schools, and events halls, the plumbing fixtures in commercial buildings can be significantly more complex than the average kitchen faucet.
Because of the demand placed on commercial plumbing fixtures, our contractors provide the quality products combined with reliable expertise you can trust. Lower-quality plumbing fixtures may cost less at the outset, but can often cost more in the long run in terms of potential failures. We are always looking out for our commercial customers by helping them choose a plumbing fixture that is reliable and won’t cost more due to an expensive failure down the road.
Our skilled team of contractors is experienced at installing several different types of fixtures for your facility including:
- Channel Drains
- Drinking Fountains
- Hose Bib (connections for water hoses)
- Janitor Sinks
- Kitchen Sinks
- Utility Sinks
- Flush Toilets
- All the attachments and installation equipment
- And many more!
If you need any of these commercial plumbing fixtures repaired or installed, call on the team of professional commercial plumbing contractors in Louisville, KY to get the job done right.
Commercial Drain Cleaning
The pipes and drains that run throughout any commercial building can become clogged or filthy from normal daily operation.
- Changes in Water Pressure: This is one of the most telling signs of a pipe failure or clog. If you notice any changes in either the amount of water your facility is using, or the speed/force at which is flows, it’s time to call a commercial plumbing contractor. Left unattended, this could lead to broken pipes in your facility.
- Frequent Material Debris from Water Fixtures: If you notice gunk or grime collecting around your water fixtures and coming out when you turn them on, this is a clear sign of a serious clog. At this point, the clog has stopped flow and is coming back up through your pipes. It’s time to call a commercial plumbing contractor.
- Dampness/Wet Spots Within or Outside the Building: You may start to notice wet spots on the walls, floors, ceilings, or even in the lawn. This can be a sure sign of a broken pipe that should be attended to immediately by a commercial plumbing contractor.
- Irregular Lawn Features: Our lawns can tell us a lot about our plumbing. If your landscaping seems different due to puddling, flooding, overly lush patches, or foul odors, it’s time to have your drains property inspected by a commercial plumbing contractor.
- Your Water Bill: If your water rates are staying the same and your bills are skyrocketing, this can be an indicator of a clogged pipe or leak. This is because when your pipes are cracked or clogged, it causes a huge amount of water to be wasted over time.
There are three main techniques we use to both diagnose and clear a clogged drain. Each of these techniques should only be attempted by a certified commercial plumbing contractor.
Drain Snaking: This is the simplest way to clear a clogged drain, so it’s the first one most commercial contractors will try. A snake, or an auger, is used to reach deep into the pipes to find and clear a clog. In many cases, the snake itself can remove the clog. However, there are some clogs that require more than a snake to remove it.
Video Inspection: A video inspection allows contractors to have a visual of what is going on inside the pipes. A video inspection is fairly easy to do, and gives us the information we need to clear the clog effectively. This is the best way to determine whether you have a simple clog or a collapsed pipe.
Hydro Jetting the Drain: For the toughest clogs, this is the most aggressive method. It is similar to power washing out your pipes. It’s a strong stream of water that clears the most stubborn clogs. The only downside to hydro jetting is that sometimes the force of the water is too much for old or frail pipes. It is up to your commercial plumbing contractor to determine the best course of action for your situation.
If one or more of these problems exist, our team of commercial plumbing contractors in Louisville, KY will come out, assess the situation, and get your pipes cleaned and unclogged today.
Commercial Plumbing Maintenance
Having a regular maintenance plan can prevent clogged drains, bursting pipes, backed up sewer lines, and so much more. Maintenance can save you money by finding and repairing problems before they turn into plumbing emergencies.
During a regular maintenance check, there are seven areas that should be examined:
- Active Leaks: Leaks can begin small, without you even noticing. A thorough inspection looks for active leaks, water spots, increased moisture, or signs of mold/mildew.
- Signs of Corrosion: Any signs of corrosion or collection of limescale can indicate that your pipes may need to be replaced.
- Water Pressure: The water pressure should be between 40-80psi in any commercial building. Water pressure that is too low can be difficult to use, while high water pressure can cause equipment failures.
- Valve Operation: All of the safety and shut-off valves should be tested to ensure they are working correctly and any broken valves be replaced.
- Inspect Water Heater: The water heater is an important part of every plumbing system. It needs to be checked for proper temperature, leaks, and to ensure all safety mechanisms are in place.
- Check Drains: The drains throughout the building should be tested for their flow rate. Any flow that is too slow should be cleared to ensure all of your lines are in working order.
- Backflow Testing: Backflow testing is required by law to be inspected annually. This ensures the water in the system is not contaminated.
Our maintenance plans reduce future repair costs while improving your plumbing performance and utility efficiency. For more information, visit our maintenance page or contact us today.
Our Commercial Clients
The team of commercial plumbing contractors at Tom Sondergeld Plumbing is proud to say that we have worked with some of the best commercial businesses in the Louisville, KY area. Check out some of the businesses we have partnered with:
- CBRE – Commercial Real Estate Services
- Lichtefeld Inc Contractors
- Rencon Services
- Taco Bell Restaurants
- Jack Fry’s Restaurant
- Tire Discounters
- Bob Evans Restaurants
- Qdoba Restaurants
- Verizon Wireless
- Springstone Medical Hospital
- Fresenius Medical Care
- Down Syndrome Of Louisville
- Ken Towery Tire and Auto Care
- Life Safety Services
- Houston Johnson Industries
- Meredith Dunn School
- Airport Trade Center
- Courtyard By Marriott
- Louisville Water Company
- Dollar General
- Metro Bank
- Norton Community Medical Associates
Your Louisville, KY Commercial Plumber
Tom Sondergeld Plumbing services in Louisville, KY is your commercial plumbing contractor. We are there when you need us to respond quickly and get the job done right. From brand new construction to historic renovations and everything in between, our experience and state-of-the-art equipment provides you with the most reliable plumbing services in Louisville, KY.
We understand that each site is unique, and so your commercial plumbing contractor will collaborate with you to determine the best services and methods for your property. We are dedicated to helping you manage and maintain your business by taking a proactive approach and providing the services you need on time and within budget so you can get back to work. Call us today to get started on your next project.