Spruce Up Your Home With Beautiful & Efficient Plumbing Fixtures
Plumbing Fixture Services
TRUST US TO KEEP THINGS FLOWING SMOOTHLY!
Call Us Today For A FREE Estimate.
You’ve turned that faucet off a million times, and it is still dripping. You’ve cranked the handle on your bathroom sink, but the leaking still persists.
Inadequate plumbing fixtures can be frustrating, and expensive. A small drip or consistent leak can lead to big bucks in your water bill each month. Tom Sondergeld Plumbing is your solution to repairing or replacing plumbing fixtures in the Louisville, KY area. Our plumbers inspect all your pipes to detect leaks, find the root of the problem, and provide affordable plumbing expertise.
Plumbing Fixture Repair
It can be easy to sometimes ignore when you need to have your plumbing fixtures repaired. To some, a small drip is not something to call a professional plumber for. Over time, that small drip can end up costing you both time and money. There are some easy to spot signs that your plumbing fixtures need a repair:
- The shower head, kitchen sink faucet, or bathtub faucet continue to drip once they have been turned off
- These same plumbing fixtures are loose/not mounted properly anymore
- The knobs are loose or have water that leaks out from where they are attached to the shower, kitchen sink, or bathtub.
If you recently bought the plumbing fixture, it could still be under warranty. Some fixtures are guaranteed for life and can be replaced by the manufacturer at no cost. It’s worth it to check your warranty before calling a plumber.
While some of the issues you may have with your plumbing fixtures can be fixed with a simple repair, others could be a warning sign that it’s time to replace your fixtures. At Tom Sondergeld Plumbing, our professional local plumbers will give you their expert opinion and advice so you get exactly what you need without charging you for things you don’t.
Plumbing Fixture Installation
Nobody wants to spend the money to replace something they can simply repair. On the other hand, you don’t want to keep fixing something only to have it break again. Here are a few signs it is time to replace your plumbing fixtures:
- The plumbing fixture uses outdated materials– Before you decide anything, determine what your damaged pipe is made of. If your pipes that were installed prior to the 1980’s they may contain lead, which is hazardous to your health and a replacement is necessary.
- You have to have it frequently repaired– A single leak is one thing, a monthly issue is something entirely different. Are you constantly dealing with one thing only to have another problem a few days later? Sometimes you get a fixture that will leak or run no matter how many parts you replace. In these cases, the best option is to swap it for a new model.
- Age– All pipes and fixtures are subject to corrosion. The older the material, the more time it’s had to corrode. Older plumbing fixtures simply don’t work as well as newer models, and no amount of fixing will change that.
- How much would it cost you to NOT replace it? – Repairs aren’t cheap. Will the repair last long enough to justify the cost? Will you live in the home long enough to eventually replace it anyway? Make an educated guess based on how much the repair costs, the age of the fixture and how long you think you’ll be in your home. If it’s a simple repair or you don’t anticipate being around for long, make the repair and move on. If you’re in your forever home and a pattern of repairs are imminent, go for the full replacement.
Replacement Fixture Features
If you’re in the market to replace your plumbing fixtures, check for these new water-saving options that can make a big difference in your monthly utilities:
- Faucets: Look for a high-efficiency faucet with an aerator. The aerator adds air to the water flow, which controls the water pressure better. Without an aerator, water sprays out strong and causes splashing and wasted water. With the addition of air, it produces a steady and stable stream that has the feeling of high pressure with more control and less actual water use. You can actually convert any faucet, even your existing one, and turn it into a huge water-saving feature by adding an aerator.
- Shower Heads: The latest innovation in shower heads is the addition of air-induction technology. This is similar to how an aerator works on a faucet. The air-induction shower heads increase both the flow and coverage of your shower head without actually using more water. New styles of shower heads make them a focal point of a beautiful bathroom rather than a necessary eyesore.
- Toilets: Dual flush models used to be a popular way to save water, but an efficient single-flush model is actually just as efficient. Toilets tanks are also smaller and sleeker with skirted bowls to make the throne a little more royal.
There are many brands we trust.
Delta: Delta is a relatively new player in the fixture market, but has quickly taken over the industry. They are known for introducing the touch-sensor technology that allows you to turn on your faucet with a single touch. Their pull-down faucet is consistently rated in the top 5 by consumers and Delta is known for rigorously testing their innovative kitchen and bathroom plumbing fixtures.
Moen: Known as one of the highest quality brands in faucets, Moen introduced the touchless faucet shortly after Delta came out with their touch sensor option. This is one of the biggest differences between the two brands. Both Moen and Delta pack in sleek styling, functionality, durable warranties, powerful spray and easy install – the main difference is whether you prefer touch, or touchless.
Kohler: When it comes to kitchen and bathroom, Kohler has become the industry standard. They are the oldest company of the brands we recommend, having been in the market for almost 150 years. They are great for both commercial and residential applications and are reliable because of their reputation for longevity.
Grohe: The Grohe line of fixtures consists mostly of faucets and showers. Originally a family-owned German company, Grohe focuses on providing reliable, top-quality plumbing fixtures. Their product lines are not as extensive as their competitors, but what they produce they make very well to ensure product quality over quantity.
If you find yourself in need of new plumbing fixtures or are unsure if you need to repair or replace your existing plumbing fixtures, then let our highly skilled plumbers take a look and give you their expert recommendation on what is the best option for your situation and budget.
Bathrooms carry the motherload of plumbing problems. More water flows in and out of the bathroom than any other room in your house, creating the ideal setting for possible complications. There are three main bathroom plumbing fixtures to consider:
- Sink– bathroom fixtures are dependent on bathroom sinks. Large basin sinks that can accommodate a higher amount of water and shallow ones that require different styles of faucets. We can help you replace your existing bathroom fixtures, or give you a completely new upgrade.
- Bathtub– switching a single pull bathtub to a two-knob system requires changing the plumbing in the wall behind the bathtub. These types of upgrades you might not want to attempt on your own. Our plumbers are available to visit your home and make the changes to your bathroom quickly and easily.
- Toilet– toilets can be either a single piece or a two-piece model. Replacing a toilet can be an all-day event for the average homeowner, but TSP can be in and out of your home in no time. Our experts understand that a toilet repair must be done quickly and efficiently to keep your family safe and clean.
The main plumbing issue in a kitchen is the sink and/or faucet. A kitchen sink is one of the most important aspects of your home. For food prep, cooking, eating, dishes, and cleaning, the sink becomes Grand Central Station of the kitchen.
- Sink: One of the biggest considerations for the kitchen sink is the bowl size and style. Choose a bowl configuration based on how you use your kitchen. Single bowl sinks have become popular with the large farmhouse style kitchens. However, others may prefer two bowls for added washing space. Bowl depth is also important to consider, as deeper sinks allow more room for items like tall pots.
- Faucet: Your faucet should complement your sink’s style, but also be functional and easy to use. Whether you prefer a touch system, touchless option, or beautiful and elegant bridge design, choosing a faucet can set the style of the entire kitchen.
There are a myriad of styles and colors for kitchen fixtures and sinks. If you are ready to change or replace your kitchen sink at the same time you are replacing the faucet, it is important to call an expert to ensure that your existing pipes work seamlessly with any new sink, fixtures, dishwasher, or garbage disposal.
At TSP, our expert Louisville plumbers can install fixtures and configure piping to give you the dream kitchen you want.
Your Plumbing Partner
Whether you have a leaky faucet or an outdated shower head, it’s time to upgrade your plumbing fixtures to save you time, money, and headaches. Our plumbing experts provide the solutions you need quickly and easily so your home is always flowing as it should.
We provide expert recommendations on when it’s time to replace your plumbing fixtures, and what brands you can trust for reliable products. With 40 years in the plumbing industry, we know which features are worth paying for and which trends aren’t worthy of your attention. Give us a call with your kitchen or bathroom questions and we are here to help you every step of the way.